Pay your tuition online!!
Dance Arts Conservatory
*CLASS SELECTION AND PLACEMENT*
The placement of students is very important to their overall dance education. At Dance Arts Conservatory, we offer many different levels so that all of our students feel comfortable in their classes while gaining a thorough knowledge of dance technique.
At our studio we believe that in order for students to excel in all aspects of dance, they should be placed in the proper class level. Instructors will recommend the appropriate level to students following a placement class, usually the first class. On occasion, a student will be moved to another level during the dance year for the benefit of their training and education; this will only happen at the discretion of the instructor and artistic director.
- All students should arrive to class on time and prepared to dance. Students who arrive late (15 minutes after the start of class) and unprepared (e.g. dress code and attitude) will not be allowed to participate in class.
- Please leave all cell phones outside of the dance studio. Cell phones should always be put on silent mode.
- No gum, food, or drink in the studio.
- Students need to maintain respect, work ethic, and commitment during their classes. Students who do not maintain these values during class will be dismissed.
- Students should remove all water bottles, trash, and personal items from the studio once class is finished.
- Please use the restroom before class to limit in-class distractions.
- If a student will miss class, the studio should be contacted in advance. Make-up classes can only be made within the same level and as soon as possible. WE DO NOT OFFER TUITION REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR MISSED CLASSES.
- All adult classes must have at least 4 students per class to run the class.
At Dance Arts Conservatory, we hold our students to a high level of professionalism. Therefore, we expect all of our students to be prepared and come to class in the proper attire.
*Sweat shirts, baggy clothes, shorts, and skirts are not allowed.*
- Preschool, Pre-Ballet/ Tap Combo: Pink leotard, pink tights, black patent leather tap shoes, pink ballet slippers. All hair should be pulled off the face.
- Formal Ballet Levels: Black leotard (any style), black dance shorts (optional) pink tights, and pink ballet slippers. All hair should be pulled back in a neat bun.
- Adult Ballet Classes: Any color leotard, black tights or stretch leggings, warm-ups may be worn, pink ballet slippers. All hair should be pulled back in a tight bun or ponytail.
MUSICAL THEATER, CONTEMPORARY:
- All Musical Theater Levels: Black leotard (any style), black tights, black dance shorts, black jazz shoes (no ties). All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- All Contemporary Levels: Black leotard (any style), black or tan FOOTLESS tights, black jazz shorts, DancePaws or FootUndeez. All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- Adult Jazz Classes: Any color leotard, black tights or black jazz pants/capris, black jazz oxfords. All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- All Tap Levels: Black leotard (any style), black tights or black jazz bants/capris, black tap shoes. All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- Adult Tap Classes: Any color leotard, black jazz pants/capris, black tap shoes. All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
HIP-HOP, CHEER DANCE:
All Hip Hop & Cheer Dance Levels: Comfortable, loose fitting pants/capris, t-shirts, and sneakers. Please no jeans, shorts, skirts. All hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- Ballet: Black leotard, pink tights, black dance shorts (NO SOFFEE SHORTS/GYMS SHORTS/etc.) or a ballet skirt, pink canvas split soles.
- Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theater: Black leotard or black sports bra, black dance shorts, black/tan/or pink tights are optional. Appropriate shoes are necessary. Hair pulled up away from face.
- Tap:Black leotard (any style), black tights or black jazz bants/capris, black tap shoes.
- Hip Hop:Comfortable, loose fitting pants/capris, t-shirts, and sneakers. Please no jeans, shorts, skirts.
*DANCE CONCERTS AND PERFORMANCES*
All students are invited to participate in the end of the year dance concert. The concert is optional and students should not feel pressured to participate. Students that are interested in participating should understand that there is an additional cost for costumes and tickets. There will be no additional classes or rehearsals (outside of the normally-scheduled class time) except for the mandatory dress rehearsal that will take place the week before the showcase. Please check the studio website and studio boards for upcoming information.
Students in the Competition Levels will be invited to compete at regional and national dance competitions, workshops, and conferences. Please contact the artistic director at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
*STUDIO RULES AND REGULATIONS*
- Students registered in Preschool 1 must be 3 years old and toilet trained.
- Students are not permitted to wait outside the studio. Students are to wait inside the studio lobby until picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Dance Arts Conservatory is not responsible for providing before- or after-class care for students. Please be timely in dropping off and picking up students.
- Parents with students who are in the Preschool and Pre-Ballet division are strongly encouraged to stay at the studio during the class.
- Dance Arts Conservatory is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All students should respect themselves, their peers, the faculty and staff, and the studio facility. Those who do not will be asked to leave.